Carmelina Beach Resort (“the Resort”, “the company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) understands and respects the importance of your privacy and below we explain:
- What information we collect about you
- How we will use this information
- Where data is stored and who it could be shared with
- Your rights and how to exercise them
- Other websites
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect the following categories of personal data when you register on our website, subscribe to our newsletters, make an enquiry or reserve some of our products or services:
- Personal information: name, gender
- Preference information: information relevant to the service being reserved or enquiry
- Contact information: telephone number, e-mail
- Accommodation information: dates of arrival and departure to/from our Resort, room types and quantity
- Technical information: IP address, geographic data, browser and computer system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, etc.
We also collect information about your website usage by using cookies (see below).
HOW WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- Performing our customer service duties: management of reservation requests and providing information to your enquiry.
- Personalisation of our services and communications: personalise content and tailor our digital customer experience and offerings, understand customers’ requirements to develop targeted marketing programs, newsletters, and promotions. We will always seek and record your permission to opt in and participate in any of our marketing campaigns. Use of your information for marketing is presented in more detail under the Marketing section below. Personalisation of our website based on your preferences is covered in the Cookies section at the end of this Policy.
- Recruitment: recruitment of staff or interns for Carmelina Beach Resort. As part of your submission of information to us as a result of applying for a position at Carmelina Beach Resort, you give us permission to process your data as part of the recruitment process.
- Compliance with legal obligations: compliance with applicable laws, such as local privacy laws, prevention of fraud or money laundering, police investigations, and tourism regulations
We would like to send you information about new products and services of our Resort which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Each email contains a link which allows an easy opt-out of our services, and if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes you can opt out at any time.
WHERE DATA IS STORED AND WITH WHOM IT COULD BE SHARED
Data is recorded on paper and IT systems within the company, who will be able to access the data for the above-mentioned purposes.
We will only share your information with third-party companies when:
- Sharing your information with third-party companies (such as our suppliers) is necessary to perform the services you have requested from us.
- Without prejudice to any communications made to comply with legal or contractual obligations, data may also be disclosed to external parties as required by laws or regulations (e.g. court, tribunal, regulatory authority or governmental entity).
When we share your information with contracted third-party companies, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information and privacy are protected in line with the applicable legal obligations.
The retention period of your information will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Reasonable business needs: for as long as we provide goods and services to you, or managing our relationship with you, managing our operations; and/or
- Other retention periods in line with legal and regulatory guidance and requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, determine how we use them and or a restriction of data processing at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawful processing of data based on consent up to the point of its withdrawal
You can contact us to exercise your rights, please note that we may request proof of your identity before making any changes.
This helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again.
You may disable any of these cookies via your browser settings.